Pages

3.18.2010

Goin' for a run. Surprising...I know.

Yep, it's true.  Jocelyn (my friend from work) and I are going for a run on the trail through the Duke Forest after work today.  And I am NOT a runner, so we'll see how that goes.  And by not a runner, I mean knees and ankles hurt afterwards (too much gymnastics in a former life) and I dread the thought of even running.  But... it is GORGEOUS outside today, so for once, I'm actually pretty excited about it! 

Besides, I did stuff myself on corned beef and cabbage last night, so I could surely use a good long run! :)  Some friends that live in our apartment complex invited us over last night to eat with a group of people and I went by myself because Ryan is out of town for work.  I'm not going to lie - I wasn't quite sure about "corned beef and cabbage".  Not only have I never had it before, but I didn't even know what it was and "corned" beef just sounds kinda scary, like something out of a can or something.  Anyways, Jen, the one who made the meal quickly changed my mind on the stuff because it was DELICIOUS!  First of all, it definitely did not come out of a can and it tasted like beef brisket or something yummy.  And she didn't just make it with cabbage either, but with carrots, potatoes, onions, and turnips too. Add a little mustard, recommendation of Jen's boyfriend, Ben, and the stuff is making my mouth water as I think of it now.  And I stuffed myself to the point of not being able to eat dessert - not even a bite.  And those of you that know me well, know that this girl never reaches a point of not being able to squeeze in a little dessert. 

So, anyways, I'm thinking this whole corned beef and cabbage thing is going to have to become a tradition for St. Patricks Day that I'm going to have to pick up from Jen.  And if I can get her to teach me how to make it, I might even make it a meal that happens more than once a year! :) 

Oh, and has anybody filled out brackets for March Madness?  Because mine's not doing so well so far... :( 

Ok, wish me luck...here goes this run!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate running :-) good for you for going though! And this weather is making me so so happy!