Pages

3.10.2010

Where to even start???

Oh bloggy world, how I neglect you on a regular basis with my so sporadic posting...I'm such a bad "blogger".

Anyways, lots happening...LOTS.HAPPENING and no time to write home about it. So, where shall I start....

1) the update on my fried hair...with pictures....??  (if you don't know what I'm talking about, see my last post here)

2) the weekend update of getting into Duke/UNC with Ryan and Britney...AND standing courtside...beside Erin Andrews and her Dancing with the Stars Partner (hottie Max!)...oh and meeting Nicholas Sparks at that game too...(with pictures)???

3)...this week of babies...2 showers, 1 birth...??

You tell me.  I've discovered that the best part about having a blog is when you get a random email that notifies you that "so-and-so just left a comment on [Livin' the Wood Life]", soooo since I obviously can't write about all these things with pictures in one blog post (in less than a mile long of scrolling), comment away and you tell me which one you want to hear about first and I'll post about it tomorrow.

Oh, and one of the topics comes with a surprise twist...  which one do you think it is?   :)


And one last thing:

Both of my brothers have the same spring break and are both at home this week.  Hangin out at hunting camp and such...


It's one of two times in the entire year they both make it home at the same time between their crazy football schedules.  So, I'm 1 - slightly jealous that I'm missing out on all the fun while my whole family is together, and 2 - slightly depressed that my days of having a spring break are over.  Welcome to adulthood.  No more spring breaks...you have to work to make a living.  fun stuff.

This picture sums up exactly what we're missing out on up here in NC.  First of all, TJ!  Do I ever mention that I MISS that kid who lives ten too many hours away???  I'm missing everyone sitting around the table, eating one of moms delicious meals, and laughing til our stomachs hurt.  This picture is so typical of the dinner table scene.  Here you have talented Matt who knows how to carry on a conversation while never looking up from his plate as he's shoveling it in.  Literally, he has an eating stance and it's scrunched over his plate til the rim of the plate meets his mouth.  Here you also see not Jamie, but Jamie's phone in the bottom right corner as she carries on two conversations at once - one at the dinner table AND one on Blackberry messenger.  Let me tell you, it takes talent and she never leaves her phone behind when she sits at the table. And TJ is laughing...and TJ's face lights up when he laughs and I miss that lit up face!



Which means not only are we missing out by not being there, but we are also enduring a week of a very quiet apartment with no visitors...






















I love when Matt and his buddies come and hang out.  It's like I have a bunch of little brothers, but this place is like a ghost town this week while they're all gone.























But I know my mom is happy to have them home for one of the two times in the year she gets them.  And lucky her, spring break for both of them has fallen on her birthday two years in a row now.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM - YOU HAVE YOUR BOYS HOME!

5 comments:

3LittleByrds said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm sorry you're missing your family and all the fun. Happy Birthday to your mom. St. Simon's is great. We're about 1.5 hrs. away from it and have been several times. I've heard excellent things of Barbara Jean's and we saw it while we were there and mentioned going some time. We like the Red Barn alot and the kids like the atmosphere. We love Ga. too being so close to the Ga. line and my husband has tons of family there. Alot are in Douglas and the rest are near Atlanta in Dacula,Duluth,and Morrow. Such pretty areas. NC is a pretty state as well. I have a aunt and uncle who live there in Boone. My uncle is a gospel singer and they moved there to be closer to his recording studio and my aunt had family there.

Unknown said...

oh girl I just want to see some hair pictures! :-) glad your bros are visiting - have so much fun! (even though the dead animals sorta freaked me out!)

Unknown said...

I'm thinking the twist is #3 :) And I can't believe you posted bloody buunies pics!

Britton and Tara said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for the comment and prayers. My parents and sister and her hubby are coming into town this weekend, so I think that will be some sweet family time.

The drive in we went to is www.raleighroaddrivein.com. It's actually in Henderson...about a 30 min drive for us north. I'm thinking it would be super far for you guys, but if you get in the road trip mood it is really fun.

I think I'd like to see the post with the twist, whichever that might be, but seriously would like to see pictures of your unfortunate hair and Erin Andrews and Max too! (guess my request doesn't really help!)

Britney said...

I can't believe you have little dead bloody cousins of bella on your blog!!! I wish i could of saved those little bunnies before your brothers got to them...