Pages

9.14.2010

Almost had those Deacs...

We had a fun weekend!  Mom and Dad and Joyce (my grandmother) came up for the Duke/Wake Forest game and to pick Sadie up...because they couldn't take it any longer without her, ha!


Because the game was at noon and Wake is an hour and a half away, Joyce hung out at the house with Sadie and watched the game on tv from the comfort of the couch while we sat through the game in the drizzling rain.


It was a great game which made for a heartbreaker of a loss.  We hung in there and put 48 points on the board, but ultimately they got us by 6 points.  6 points that may not have made it to the board had the refs called a very obvious block in the back...


Matt says he knew he had him too...

ahh, woulda coulda shoulda... It was still a great game - offense is looking awesome this year with two great QB's.  Next week against Alabama will be interesting though!  I try to stay positive and remind myself that when we played them in Tuscaloosa a few years back we led through the start of the 4th quarter...wishful thinking, I know.

Matt had another big play on Saturday.  And wouldn't you know that just as soon as the rain had just become steady enough for me to put the camera up, Mom says "oh look Matt's out there" and I debated whether or not I even had time to pull the camera back out and switch to the zoom lens.  Sure enough, as soon as I decided I didn't, I thought to myself, now that I decide not to, he'll make a play.  And he did, one that happened right smack in front of us.  ugh, so frustrating!  Thankfully, someone got a picture of it though because it ended up on goduke.com.  So don't know who to give credit to and hope it's ok that I'm using it, but here's his tackle from goduke.com.









But wait, it gets better...

Later, he assisted on a tackle, and this is what I got...


...the lady 's arm in front of me who started cheering right when I snapped the picture.  

Bad picture-takin' luck!



celebrating...

high five from Hatcher and about to get one from Egboh...


 and celebrating with Robo (who had an amazing interception that game)...



huddle


Then we came home and grilled out steaks and watched the Bama/Penn St. game!

It was one of those weeks where Duke and Florida played at the same time (and Georgia/South Carolina!...tv stations, you're screwing up my Saturdays!) AND Florida/South Florida  wasn't on tv so we couldn't record it to go back and watch later either. TJ played against another high school teammate this week...Demetrius Murray, who had a heck of a game apparently.  But, several people called and texted saying that TJ got a lot of playing time/tv time and had a good game.  I miss that kid!  Can't wait to make it to Florida to see him soon.  On a side note, he emailed me today at work responding to a forward I had sent him and said "thanks for emailing me sissy" and signed it "yo boy". :)  Sweet TJ...


No comments: